Monday, July 12, 2010

Our Trip to Maryland

I'm writing two blogs today, I've been meaning to write this one since we got home, but just havent had the chance. We went to Maryland last weekend to visit JW's grandparents and had an AWESOME time..its so beautiful there in the mountains and it was so good to see them. We relaxed, went sight-seeing a little, ate, and ate, oh and ate some more..everytime we go there I feel like I've gained 10 pounds before we leave. We got there late on Thursday, so when we got there we just went to bed. We took Gus with us, it was his first trip to Maryland and I have to say, he did a great job and LOVED it there :)


Friday we got to sleep late :) always a plus, and then me and grandma went and got pedicures! I was in DESPERATE need of one! We went out to eat that night and then just played cards, I got my butt kicked, as usual. Saturday we went to Shanksville,PA to the Flight 93 memorial...it was awesome to see all of the memorabilia that people have left behind, the memorial was awesome, but so sad at the same time, that those people had to die because of others.

-These are just a couple of pictures of some of the memorials there-


-We also climbed Dan's Rock that day, the view from there was BEAUTIFUL-


On Sunday we relaxed a little and then got everything packed up to come home...no fireworks for us, but we had a GREAT 4th of July! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment