Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful


I have finally found time to sit down and download some pictures, as well as catch up on my blogging. The last month has been NUTS..with a baby shower every weekend and then my mom's retirement party last weekend..we've been BUSY. All of my baby showers were awesome, and my mom's retirement party was amazing too..she cried, just as I knew she would. I am so proud of her, and cannot wait for her retirement to begin! :)
I am officially "full term" in my pregnancy..I went to the doctor today and I'm 1 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced. Which means that I could be on my way to having a baby very soon, or I could stay this way for the next 3 weeks..only God knows. We are as ready as we will ever be...her room is finished, the stroller is put together, and the car seat is being installed (after black friday!), her bag is packed, and I'm working on mine. I am definately ready to get her out..my body is becoming cramped, and more and more uncomfortable..and I cant wait to see her precious face. We opted to not get the 4D ultrasound..JW said he didnt want to ruin the surprise, and I agreed. With all this heartburn I'm having, I'm going to be one disappointed lady if she comes out with no hair :( (I'm hoping its red) :)

Here I am at 37 weeks and 2 days.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow..we are going to my Mama's :) We had originally wanted to have it here..but Mom thought that with me being 8 1/2 months pregnant, that it may be a little much...and boy am I glad that she did! However, we are still getting up Friday to go shopping :) It's a tradition and something that I look forward to EVERY year. There is one thing that is missing this Thanksgiving..and thats Leah and Jaden. For the past year or so they have been here to celebrate with us :( We miss them terribly..but in ONE MONTH, they will be here to visit and celebrate Christmas :) AND, Addie Grace should be here by then as well!

Now..with the holidays here, we are all reminded of how lucky and how thankful we should be...although here lately I have felt overcome with thankfulness. I am so thankful for my family..my mom, my dad, brother, my husband, this baby that the lord has so graciously blessed us with..my grandparents..my heart becomes so full and heavy at the same time thinking about all of the people in my life whom I love so much. I am thankful to be a saved Christian, for I know that without the Lord above, I would be absolutely NOTHING. So, with all of that said, I hope that as everyone gathers around their tables tomorrow, they will take a minute to thank the Lord for all of the blessings in their lives, and to express their love to their loved ones.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

P.S.-Maybe the next time I blog, we will have a baby in our arms ;) You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment